Primarily responsible for prospecting for new customers, generating new customer revenue, managing customer accounts and following the company’s overall objectives as an Account Manager. Source, secure and manage the transportation needs for new Hoosier customers while maintaining high levels of customer service and profit margins is vital. This includes daily conversations about freight lanes, rates and solutions Hoosier has to offer. Consistently adding new customers and growing current account modes of transportation is an essential function. This person should be knowledgeable, highly motivated, urgency driven and have superior communication skills to succeed at this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Utilize business development skills to identify, qualify and develop relationships with prospective customers and independently generate new sales revenue.
· Sourcing and securing freight and customers by any method including but not limited to; current book of business, past contacts, internet searches, website leads, manufacturing guides, CRM leads, social media contacts, sales agent leads, and other client leads.
· Work diligently to develop and master industry and sales knowledge, including prospecting, pipeline development, closing business, managing accounts, spot market vs. contract pricing, etc.
· Prospect and integrate new customers into existing book of business.
· As primary contact for your customers, you will be responsible for managing the relationship between the customer and Hoosier. You will need to provide excellent customer service skills when communicating through phone, email, and in person.
· Develop and maintain strong customer relationships.
· Grow existing accounts by sourcing and securing new opportunities from within each customer.
· Creatively find new modal solutions for customers.
· Collaborate with Operations team on details required to ensure most effective solutions for prospective customers.
· Develop committed business with a minimum of $5,000+ gross margin per week.
· Have a broad knowledge of truck markets/pricing and negotiate rates with customers to drive revenue.
· Complete pricing and bid packages in coordination with VP of Sales and VP of Operations and provide feedback to team on rates provided.
· Attend (phone) weekly sales meetings to discuss pricing, service issues, KPI metrics, communications, training and any related items.
· Tracking and maintaining all sales prospecting activity in the company CRM (Salesforce).
· Ensure accurate data capture, data integrity and system entry in all customer-related functions in company TMS (McLeod).
· Effectively utilize data and problem-solving skills to proactively resolve customer issues.
· Monitor all current customer loads and proactively identify potential problems.
· Proactively communicate all potential issues/problems with Operations team and Sales VP.
· Travel as business requires.
· Other duties as assigned.
BA or BSdegree or equivalent experience. Minimum of three years of outside/inside sales experience required. Strong understanding of brokerage operations and geographic freight markets is required. Prior demonstration of negotiation skills is preferred. Existing customer base is a plus. Experience with McLeod TMS a plus.
Qualified candidate must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills along with follow-up, and problem-solving skills. Candidate must have the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment. Must be able to work with others along with working independently. Must be detail-oriented and must meet scheduled deadlines. Ability to multi-task in completing scheduled activities along with additional activities. Ability to manage communicationin a positive manner. Punctuality and a good work ethic are critical. Ability to take a significant role in the SAP and SOP creation process. Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, etc.) required.
- Bend, stoop, reach above shoulder level, kneel and squat on an occasional basis.
- Lift and carry up to 20 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Operate a computer for long periods of time.
- Visual acuity to read paperwork, computer monitors, and calculators.
- Usage of both hands for repetitive actions such as: data entry and simple grasping.
5% Standing 5% Walking 90% Sitting
Full-time employee, 40-50 hours per week, Monday thru Friday, weeknights and Saturday/Sunday on call rotation within the team. Must maintain regular attendance and must be present at work to communicate and interact with co-workers.
Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 – $60,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Commission pay
- Freight Brokerage: 3 years (Preferred)